Islanders can apply for their passport more easily following the introduction of a digital application and online payment system. The service is available for anyone who wants to apply for their first passport, or who wants to renew, amend or replace an existing passport.
To complete a digital application:
- Visit the Government of Jersey website
- The online form will guide users to fill in only the relevant parts of the form
- Pay the application fee, and receive a payment receipt and PDF copy of the application
- Print off the PDF and sign it as usual; attach two passport photos
- Submit the form by post, or in person
As with paper applications, some passport photos will need to be countersigned before the application is submitted. More information on counter signatories is available on the Government of Jersey website.
Completed forms can be submitted in person, or by post to Passport Office, PO Box 55, Phillip Le Feuvre House, La Motte Street, St Helier, JE4 8PE.
Paul Le Monnier, Acting Assistant Director Immigration and Nationality said: “This service makes it easier for customers to complete the application form and – more importantly – to pay for their application online. Whilst this service is not a fully automated solution, it is a step in the right direction.”
Government of Jersey Press Release.