60% of adults receive first vaccine dose
As at Sunday, 25 April, 60% of Islanders aged over 18 years have received their first dose of the COVID-19 vaccine. 35% of adults are now fully vaccinated having received two doses.
58% of Islanders aged between 40-44 have now received their first dose.
Key figures as at Sunday, 25 April include:
- 76% of clinically extremely vulnerable (high risk) are fully vaccinated
- 82,738 first and second dose vaccines have been administered
- 93% of care home residents are fully vaccinated
- 89% of care home staff are fully vaccinated
- Vaccination rates place us top 10 in the world and consistent with the UK
The Minister for Health and Social Services, Deputy Richard Renouf, said: “The weekly statistics are consistently showing us that the vaccination roll out is making positive progress. I am pleased that 3 out of every 5 adults have now received their first dose.
“I’m also pleased that we are continuing to see a high uptake of the vaccine as we continue to move down the age groups. This positive community-wide response will help us protect all Islanders and I urge everyone to continue attending their vaccination appointments when they are invited to.”
Government of Jersey News Release.