Statistics this week reveal that the COVID-19 Vaccination Programme has reached 49% of Islanders over 18 years old representing 48.5 doses per 100 people in Jersey as at Sunday 21 March.
A total of 52,265 doses have been administered by age and priority group order. This week has seen an increase in second doses given to 80+ with 74% now fully vaccinated.
To celebrate the milestone, Jersey Dairy have donated ice cream to the team at Fort Regent today.
Key total vaccination doses:
- 49% of 18+ have received first dose
- 74% of 80+ have received second dose
- 97% of care home residents have received first dose
- 97% frontline health and social care staff across the Island have received first dose
- 88% of care home residents have received second dose
- 83% of clinically extremely vulnerable (16-69) have received first dose
- 75% of all Islanders at moderate risk have received first dose
Head of the COVID-19 Vaccination Programme, Becky Sherrington said: “Every week we are making significant progress and the brilliant team are administering vaccines at real pace. To have reached more than 50,000 doses since mid-December is huge and we are so proud of the Islanders who have come forward and protected themselves. We are incredibly lucky to have access to these vaccines and we continue to be one of the world’s top jurisdictions for our rate of progress.”
Jersey Dairy Marketing Manager, Jessica Burton said: “We are proud to be supporting the COVID-19 Vaccination Programme today as we as an Island mark this significant point in our Island’s history. What a great day to celebrate the protection of so many people, with the sun shining and some ice-cream!”
The Priority Report has also been published today which will continue weekly. The next vaccination statistics will be published on Monday for the previous Wednesday.
Government of Jersey News Release.