Scrutiny’s Future Hospital Review Panel is asking the public to submit their views on the Government’s Our Hospital Outline Business Case and funding proposal. This will inform the Panel’s review of the funding and project business case, for which a £804.5 million budget has been proposed.
All views on the topic are welcome, however, the Panel are particularly interested in public opinion on whether:
- The proposed budget of £804.5 million is appropriate for Jersey and for this project
- £756 million of that budget should be borrowed using public bonds
- The investment returns of the Strategic Reserve should be used to pay debt financing costs, management and administration costs
- Borrowing of this scale should be used to finance a new hospital
- The proposition adequately addresses the economic risks or benefits
- The conclusions of the business case are reasonable
- The business case provides sufficient evidence to support the scale of the proposed project
- It is sensible to use the Strategic Reserve to manage debt and project funding
The Panel would also like to find out what key issues States Members should consider when debating the funding proposal and what further information, if any, the public need about the proposed project funding.
All members of the public (individuals or organisations) are encouraged to share their views by 31 August and can get involved by:
- Completing Scrutiny’s feedback page
- Emailing email@example.com
- Sending a letter to Scrutiny Office, Morier House, St. Helier, JE1 1DD
The Future Hospital Review Panel Chair, Senator Kristina Moore, said: “The scale of the Our Hospital Project will have a lasting impact on Jersey’s healthcare and finances for generations to come. It is vital that individuals and organisations take the opportunity to share their views on how it should be funded and whether the budget committed is appropriate for the project and for Jersey.”
Scrutiny Press Release.