The registered unemployment report for the first quarter of 2021 has been released today by Statistics Jersey.
Customer and Local Services compiles data on people registered as actively seeking work (ASW) in Jersey. Statistics Jersey independently analyses this anonymised data and publishes a quarterly report.
On 31 March 2021
- on a seasonally adjusted basis, the total number of people registered as actively seeking work (ASW) was 80 lower than at the end of the previous quarter and 310 higher compared with a year earlier
- the non-seasonally adjusted ASW total was 1,320; this total is 80 lower than at the end of the previous quarter and 310 higher compared with a year earlier
- a greater number of females (730 individuals) than males (590 individuals) were registered as ASW
- the total number of long-term ASW (registered for more than twelve months) was 450; this total is 60 higher compared with the previous quarter and 200 higher compared with a year earlier
- of the 1,320 people registered as ASW, 400 individuals were engaged in some form of paid employment and classified as underemployed; this includes 150 individuals who were classified as long-term ASW