The registered unemployment report for the third quarter of 2018 has been released by Statistics Jersey.
The Social Security Department compiles data on people registered as actively seeking work (ASW) in Jersey. Statistics Jersey independently analyses this anonymised data and publishes a quarterly report.
On 30 September 2018:
- on a seasonally adjusted basis, the total number of people registered as actively seeking work (ASW) was:
- 100 higher than at the end of the previous quarter
- 10 lower than at the end of the corresponding quarter in 2017 (Q3 2017)
- the non-seasonally adjusted ASW total was 970; this total is 150 higher than at the end of the previous quarter and 10 lower than a year earlier
- the total number of long-term ASW (registered for more than twelve months) was 200; this total is 10 higher than the previous quarter and 70 lower than a year earlier
- there were 290 individuals registered as ASW but engaged in some form of paid employment and classified as underemployed; this includes 90 individuals also classified as long-term ASW
- a key driver behind the increase in the total number of people registered as ASW in the latest month were changes in Income Support criteria relating to parents with young children starting the current academic year