The registered unemployment report for the first quarter of 2019 has been released by Statistics Jersey.
The Social Security Department compiles data on people registered as actively seeking work (ASW) in Jersey. Statistics Jersey independently analyses this anonymised data and publishes a quarterly report.
On 31 March 2019:
- on a seasonally adjusted basis, the total number of people registered as actively seeking work (ASW) was:
- 50 lower than at the end of the previous quarter
- 70 lower than at the end of the corresponding quarter in 2018 (Q1 2018)
- the non-seasonally adjusted ASW total was 840; this total is 50 lower than at the end of the previous quarter and 70 lower than a year earlier
- the total number of long-term ASW (registered for more than twelve months) was 200; this total is 10 lower than the previous quarter and 10 lower than a year earlier
- there were 260 individuals registered as ASW but engaged in some form of paid employment and classified as underemployed; this includes 80 individuals also classified as long-term ASW