The registered unemployment report for the second quarter of 2019 has been released by Statistics Jersey.
The Social Security Department compiles data on people registered as actively seeking work (ASW) in Jersey. Statistics Jersey independently analyses this anonymised data and publishes a quarterly report.
On 30 June 2019:
- on a seasonally adjusted basis, the total number of people registered as actively seeking work (ASW) was:
- 60 higher than at the end of the previous quarter
- 10 higher than at the end of the corresponding quarter in 2018 (Q2 2018)
- the non-seasonally adjusted ASW total was 820; this total is 20 lower than at the end of the previous quarter and essentially unchanged when compared to a year earlier
- the total number of long-term ASW (registered for more than twelve months) was 200; this total is essentially unchanged when compared to the previous quarter and 10 higher than a year earlier
- there were 260 individuals registered as ASW but engaged in some form of paid employment and classified as underemployed; this includes 80 individuals also classified as long-term ASW