The House Price Index report for the third quarter of 2018 has been published by Statistics Jersey.
In the third quarter of 2018:
- on a rolling four-quarter basis, the mix-adjusted average price of dwellings sold in Jersey during the year endingQ3 2018 was 2% higher when compared with the year ending Q2 2018
- on a quarterly basis:
- the seasonally adjusted mix-adjusted average price in Q3 2018 was 1% higher than in the previous quarter and 6% higher than the corresponding quarter in 2017 (Q3 2017)
- houses recorded higher mean property prices when compared with Q2 2018, whilst flats recorded lower mean property prices when compared with Q2 2018
- all property types saw an increase in mean price on the corresponding quarter of 2017 (Q3 2017) and generally remained at levels greater than seen throughout 2017
- the turnover of properties was 14% higher than the corresponding quarter of 2017
- overall housing market activity, on a rolling our-quarter basis, was 5% higher than in the previous quarter
- on a rolling four-quarter basis, rental prices in Jersey increased by 3% during the year ending Q3 2018 when compared with the year ending Q2 2018.